Shannon Rooney | December 20, 2017
Notre Dame’s 6,598 Restrictive Early Action (REA) applicants were notified this week of their admission decisions. Reflecting national trends, restrictive early action applications were up year over year. The University admitted 1,636 applicants to the Class of 2022, welcoming students of exceptional academic merit, with records of service and demonstrated leadership, to the Notre Dame family.
Profile of Restrictive Early Action Admitted Students
Admitted students hail from a diverse cross-section of high schools and geographic areas.
- 1,085 high schools from around the world
- 44% attend public schools, 40% Catholic schools, 16% private or charter schools
- 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico
- 52 different nations of citizenship
- 182 (11%) are citizens of other nations, dual citizens, or U.S. students studying outside of the United States
- 22% of students come from the Northeast, 15% from the Southeast, 18% from the Midwest, 21% from the Central Midwest, 18% from the West/Southwest, and 6% attended high schools outside the U.S.