Notre Dame Athletics | January 9, 2020
WHO: #14 Notre Dame (10-7-3, 5-3-2-1 B1G) vs. Michigan (7-11-2, 2-7-1-0 B1G)
WHEN: Friday, January 10 – 7 p.m. ET | Saturday, January 11 – 6 p.m. ET
WHERE: Compton Family Ice Arena
WATCH: Friday – NBCSN | Saturday – NBC Sports Streaming
LISTEN: 94.3 FM | UND.com
TICKETS: Click here
GAME NOTES (PDF)
- The Fighting Irish return to Big Ten play this weekend with a two-game home series against Michigan (Jan. 10-11) as the teams meet on Friday night for the first of four game this season.
- Notre Dame opened the second half of the 2019-20 season by going 1-0-1 against Western Michigan last weekend (Jan. 3 & 5) in a home-and-home series, including a 4-1 win on Sunday night that featured a pair of goals (and an assist) by Alex Steeves as well as a three assist game by Michael Graham and a goal and two assists from Cam Morrison.
- Steeves (4-3-7) and Graham (0-7-7) carry five-game point streaks into the weekend series versus the Wolverines.
- In that series versus the Broncos, Cale Morris stopped 82 of the 84 shots he faced to earn Big Ten and NCAA First Star of the Week honors.
- Over Notre Dame’s last three games dating back to the 3-0 win over Penn State on Dec. 14, Morris has stopped 119 of the last 121 shots he has faced (.983).
- Sophomore forward Jake Pivonka and sophomore defenseman Spencer Stastney skated with Team USA at the 2020 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship in the Czech Republic and returned to the U.S. on Friday, Jan. 3 and then played in Sunday’s win at Western Michigan.
Read more here.