Notre Dame Athletics | December 19, 2018
College Football Playoff Semifinal at the 83rd Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic
WHO: #3/3 Notre Dame (12-0) vs. #2 Clemson (13-0, 8-0 ACC)
WHEN: Saturday, Dec. 29 | 4 p.m. ET/3 p.m. CT
WHERE: AT&T Stadium | Arlington, TX
WATCH: ESPN (Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe & Tom Rinaldi) | WatchESPN
LISTEN: Notre Dame Radio Network (Paul Burmeister, Ryan Harris & Jack Nolan) | 101.5 FM & 960 AM (South Bend) | SiriusXM 129 | Find Your Station
- 1925 Notre Dame appeared in its first bowl game on Jan. 1, 1925, a 27-10 win over Stanford in the Rose Bowl Game. The Irish claimed the first consensus national championship in program history in 1924.
- 70.4 Ian Book ranks fifth among all quarterbacks in the FBS this season with a 70.4 completion percentage over his nine games played under center.
- 17 Notre Dame enters the 2018 Cotton Bowl Classic with *17 official bowl wins to its credit in program history.
- 10th Notre Dame is the 10th different program to qualify for the semifinal round of the College Football Playoff since it was introduced during the 2014 season.
- 9 Notre Dame reached nine consecutive January bowl games under head coach Lou Holtz from the 1988 Cotton Bowl Classic through the 1996 Orange Bowl.
- 8 Notre Dame makes its eighth appearance in the Cotton Bowl Classic, the most common bowl game that the Irish have competed in since making their bowl debut in the 1925 Rose Bowl. Notre Dame is 5-2 in prior trips to the Cotton Bowl Classic.
Read more here.