Erin Blasko | September 13, 2019
A live podcast, a discussion of conservatism in the age of Trump and conversations with former Notre Dame athletes Ruth Riley and Pat Connaughton are among the events surrounding Saturday’s home football game between the University of Notre Dame and the University of New Mexico. Fans are reminded of new security measures at Notre Dame Stadium, including the University’s clear bag policy and the use of metal detectors at all gates.
Friday, Sept. 13
- Live recording of “Ordered Liberty” podcast, featuring Notre Dame alumna Alexandra DeSanctis, staff writer for the National Review, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., 1030 Jenkins and Nanovic Halls.
- Football Fridays at the Eck, featuring food, prizes and giveaways, “Chalk Talk with Bill and Bill,” conversations with members of the Notre Dame family and more, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
- Mendoza Dean’s Speaker Series: Tom Mendoza, featuring Tom Mendoza, retired vice chairman of NetApp Inc., 11 a.m. to noon, Jordan Auditorium, Mendoza College of Business.
- “What is Conservatism in the Age of Trump?” featuring Sohrab Ahmari, Iranian-American journalist, editor and author, op-ed editor of the New York Post and contributing editor of the Catholic Herald, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., 1030 Jenkins and Nanovic Halls.
- “‘Looking at the Stars’: Irish Art at the University of Notre Dame,” noon to 5 p.m., through Dec. 14, Snite Museum of Art.
- IDEA Center Innovation Rally, fea
Read more here.