Notre Dame Athletics | January 1, 2020
- Notre Dame opens the second half of the 2019-20 season with a home-and-home series against Western Michigan.
- Game one will be played on Friday, Jan. 3 at the Compton Family Ice Arena (7 p.m. on NBCSN), followed by Sunday evening’s game two at the Lawson Ice Arena in Kalamazoo, Michigan (5 p.m.).
- Both Western Michigan (defenseman Mattias Samuelsson) and Notre Dame (forward Jake Pivonka and defenseman Spencer Stastney) have players skating with Team USA at the 2020 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship in the Czech Republic.
- The teams last met in 2015-16 when Notre Dame went 2-0-1 against the Broncos.
- It will mark the final non-conference games of the regular season for Notre Dame (4-4-0), while Western Michigan (4-3-1) will have one more non-conference series against RPI (Feb. 7-8).
- Notre Dame last played on Dec. 14 when it blanked Penn State 3-0 at Compton Family Ice Arena behind goals from Max Ellis, Alex Steeves and Graham Slaggert as well as 37 saves by Cale Morris.
- The Broncos have been off since being swept at home by top-ranked North Dakota 1-0 and 8-2 on Dec. 6-7.
- Current Notre Dame point streaks include Michael Graham (3 games; 0-3-3), Matt Hellickson (2 games; 0-4-4) and Alex Steeves (3 games; 2-1-3).
Read more here.