Notre Dame Athletics | March 5, 2020
WHO: Notre Dame (14-13-7, 9-9-6-4 B1G) vs. Minnesota (14-13-7, 9-8-7-4 B1G)
WHEN: Friday, February 6 – 8 p.m. ET | Saturday, March 7 – 8 p.m. ET | Sunday, March 8 – 7 p.m. ET* (if necessary)
WHERE: 3M Arena at Mariucci, Minneapolis, Minn.
WATCH: Friday – FS2 | Saturday – Fox Sports North+ | Sunday – FS2
LISTEN: 94.3 FM | UND.com
- Notre Dame will play a best-of-three Big Ten Tournament quarterfinal series at Minnesota this weekend (March 6-8) as postseason play begins across the league.
- The Irish, who have won the last two Big Ten Tournament Championships, finished fifth (37 points) in the tightly contested Big Ten standings, while Minnesota (38 points) finished in a three-way tie for second and based on tiebreakers earned the No. 4 seed.
- This season, Notre Dame went 1-1-2 against the Gophers (1-0-1 mark at 3M Arena).
- Cam Morrison posted a goal and four assists for five points in those four games against the Gophers, while Nick Leivermann scored four goals this season against Minnesota.
- Last season in the 2019 Big Ten Tournament semifinals, the Irish posted a 2-1 overtime win against Minnesota on March 17 at Compton Family Ice Arena en route to claiming a second consecutive Big Ten Tournament Championship with Michael Graham scoring the game-winning power-play goal 53 seconds into overtime.
- Notre Dame is 6-0-0 in the Big Ten Tournament since joining the league. • Cale Morris has started all six of those games (each at home) and has a .968 save percentage (210/217) to go along with a 1.14 goals against average and he was named the tournament’s Most Outstanding Player each of the last two seasons.
- Now in 12 career playoff games (Big Ten Tournament and NCAA), Morris is 10-2-0 with a .947 save percentage and a 1.66 goals-against average
- Seniors Mike O’Leary (6 GP, 1-3-4), Cal Burke (6 GP, 1-3-4) and Cam Morrison (6 GP, 3-0-3) are Notre Dame’s leading scorers in those six Big Ten Tournament games.
Read more here.