Notre Dame Athletics | November 5, 2019
The University of Notre Dame men’s basketball begins the 2019-20 campaign with a primetime matchup (7 p.m., ACC Network) at No. 9/11 North Carolina on Wednesday, November 6. The meeting between the Irish and Tar Heels marks a few notable firsts for the Irish and the conference:
- The first time the Irish will begin the season on the road against an ACC opponent.
- The first time the ACC will begin the season with 14 opponents playing seven conference games to kick off the college basketball season.
- The first time Notre Dame will face a ranked opponent in a season opener since 1999-2000.
- The first season the ACC will play 20 league games and two league games before the first of the year (the Irish also will face Boston College at home on December 7).
- The first game Notre Dame men’s basketball will be broadcast on the ACC Network, the new linear broadcast network launched by the conference available on AT&T TV Now, AT&T U-Verse, DirectTV, Dish, Hulu, Playstation Vue, Quality Cablevision, Sling, Spectrum and YouTube TV.
Read more here.