On the corner of Notre Dame Avenue and Napoleon Boulevard stands an old yellow-bricked house.
Located at 1136 N. Notre Dame Avenue, the house was built for Notre Dame professor of English Maurice Francis Egan. Egan was the first lay professor with a wife and children and the house was a necessity. Egan’s friends from far and wide sent him numerous lilac bushes and the house was christened “The Lilacs.”
Read more at the Notre Dame Archives