Erin Blasko | September 26, 2019
Performances and events surrounding Saturday’s home football game between the University of Notre Dame and the University of Virginia include lectures, plays, panel discussions and conversations with former Notre Dame athletes. Those attending the game are reminded of standard security measures at Notre Dame Stadium, including the University’s clear bag policy and the use of metal detectors at all gates.
Friday, Sept. 27
- Football Fridays at the Eck, featuring food, prizes and giveaways plus “Chalk Talk with Bill and Bill” and conversations with members of the Notre Dame family, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
- “‘Looking at the Stars’: Irish Art at the University of Notre Dame,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., through Dec. 14, Snite Museum of Art.
- Lunch lecture: “The Irony of Modern Catholic History,” featuring George Weigel, author and William E. Simon Chair in Catholic Studies at the Ethics and Public Policy Center, noon to 2 p.m., Oak Room, South Dining Hall.
- “Partisan Politics in the Era of Trump: A Threat to our Democracy or Merely Politics as Usual?” featuring panelists U.S. Sen. Chris Coons of Delaware, former U.S. Sen. Joe Donnelly ’77, ’81 J.D. of Indiana and former U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona and moderator Jimmy Gurulé, professor of law at Notre Dame, 12:30 to 2 p.m., McCartan Courtroom, Eck Hall of Law.
- IDEA Center Innovation Rally, featuring Brett Dibkey and Doug Searles of Whirlpool Corp., plus networking and emerging and cutting-edge technologies, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Innovation Park.
- “What Would You Fight For?” sneak peek, 1 to 1:30 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
Read more here.