Erin Blasko | October 31, 2019
Performances and events surrounding Saturday’s home football game between the University of Notre Dame and Virginia Tech include lectures, plays, panel discussions and conversations with former Notre Dame athletes. Fans are reminded of new security measures at Notre Dame Stadium, including the University’s clear bag policy and the use of metal detectors at all gates.
Friday, Nov. 1
- Football Fridays at the Eck, featuring food, prizes and giveaways plus “Chalk Talk with Bill and Bill” and conversations with members of the Notre Dame family, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
- “‘Looking at the Stars’: Irish Art at the University of Notre Dame,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., through Dec. 14, Snite Museum of Art.
- “Fridays at Noon,” Department of Music recital, noon to 1 p.m., LaBar Recital Hall, O’Neill Hall of Music.
- “Creating Healthy Brains: How the Church is Combining Neuroscience and Theology to Promote Child Development in Haiti,” featuring Neil Boothby, research faculty member and founding director of the Fostering Resilience Initiative at Notre Dame, noon to 1:30 p.m., Remick Commons, Carole Sandner Hall.
- “Priestly Sins: Purifying the Church After the Scandals,” featuring Rev. Dominic Legge, O.P., director of the Thomistic Institute and assistant professor in systematic theology at the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., 12:30 to 1:45 p.m., 1030 Jenkins Nanovic Halls.
- IDEA Center Innovation Rally, featuring Francis J. Flynn, the Paul E. Holden Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Innovation Park.
- “What Would You Fight For?” sneak peek, 1 to 1:30 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
- Cedar Grove Cemetery Open House, 2 to 6 p.m., Cedar Grove Cemetery.
Read more here.